Thursday, February 28, 2008
Health
For the longest time, I have been feeling very weird...and I may have found the reason. As many of you know, I am an avid fake sugar user. I love my diet pop especially. For about the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing headaches, tingling in my hands and feet, dizziness, muscle spasms,blurry vision, an inability to lose any weight despite a 1,200 calorie food intake etc. I read about a study where they determined that drinking diet pop has an especially negative effect on your metabolism. The study determined that each can of diet pop you consume in a day decreases your metabolism by a fairly large amount. So, I made an effort to not have any more diet pop from that moment on. While I do love the stuff, I feel I may be a little too addicted. I know it is mostly a psychological addiction, but when you have headaches every morning until you have your first diet pop, its an addiction nonetheless. So I figured that now is a good time to stop drinking the stuff since it is probably not very good for me anyways. The thought of having to carry my ass behind me in a cart is a good motivator to not drink it anymore. Now I am reading up about how many people hypothesize that there are many problems within the body in response to the fake sugar present in diet pop and other sources. I don't know if the studies that found this are correct or not, some people say that those studies are all incorrect and some say that they are dead on. All I know is what happened with me when I stopped drinking diet pop. All of the problems that I was experiencing in my body went away. All of the muscle spasms, headaches- all gone. I think that everyone should make it a point to go read these studies before ingesting more of the stuff. Maybe the studies are wrong, but I really think people should at least read up on what they have to say. I feel really good now that I have made an effort to eat and drink real things as opposed to the processed, fake diet things that I am used to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe that is my issue as well. I really like my 0 calorie guilty pleasure though...
Post a Comment