Sunday, May 11, 2008

Son of a B!%@#

I received a letter from MPI (the insurance company) a few days ago stating that if I did not install an immobilizer in my vehicle that they would cancel my insurance. Apparently, my vehicle is on some magical list of the most stolen vehicles in Manitoba. I find this funny. If you take the time out of your busy juvenile delinquent day to steal MY vehicle, I swear you need to learn a little something about setting your sights a little higher in life. So I called up MPI to set up the appointment. The shop in Winkler could not get me in until September...while the shop in Carman could get me in right away. So I went with the latter. It was terribly interesting. Being stuck in Carman for 4 hours is less than exciting. They have no chain restaurants that I could find, so I walked to this delightful dive located down the street from the shop. You know how some dives are great restaurants in disguise? Well, this was not one of those times. Soggy fries, weird burnt crunchy things on the outside of my grilled cheese sandwich. I mean, how do you screw up a grilled cheese sandwich? Chef Gordon Ramsay's head would explode there. So after not eating much lunch, I took a walk on this walking path type thing outiside the dive. I walked for quite a while, when I saw a park bench and decided to just listen to one of the podcasts that I have downloaded on my IPOD. Things were going great until this strange man sat down next to me and went into great detail about his pet turtle. I didn't want to know what "pet turtle" is a synonym for, so I decided that it was time to get back to the shop. So I waited and waited for my vehicle to be done. After some time, and many texts to my friend Ju, it was done. The shop guy told me, "By the way, you have a leak." Me, not knowing anything about cars, went to go look closer. He pointed out the hose and said that it was leaking somehow. So I was thinking..ok..hoses can leak...I will just get it home to my husband and he will fix it somehow. On the drive home though, I noticed that I was slowly losing my power steering. Upon my husband inspecting it further, my power steering line was cut. It gets better...there was an obvious tool mark on my power steering line...this was not just a result of pressure or something like that. This hose was mysteriously right near where he was installing all sorts of wires for the immobilizer. Son of a B!%@#!!!!! Its one thing to accidently cut something..it is quite another to pass it off as something that has been occurring for a while and then put the girl who knows nothing about cars on the road. I'm calling this guy and MPI tomorrow...Its on, B!%@#!!

No comments: