Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eaves troughs and sociopaths

So, I was in the middle of watching Dr. Phil yesterday when my doorbell rang...6 times in a row, but who is counting. I opened the door and there was a man wearing an orange safety vest riding a bicycle. He first asked me if my mother is home. I know it is always going to be a good conversation when they ask to speak to my parents right off the bat. Not wanting to give away my age, I ask this young gent what it is he wants. Well, he tells me that he wants to talk to me about my eaves troughs. Apparently he wants to clean them. I told him my husband takes care of that stuff and almost close the door. Then he says, "Your neighbor should really keep their dog inside, it almost attacked me." So, I asked him if the dog was off its chain. He said no, but that the chain can reach the door (No, it can't...not even close). Then he says that if he comes back here and the dog comes near him, he will kill it. To make a long story with a lot of swear words coming out of my mouth short, I told him that he has no buisness coming over here and if he better think twice about killing a dog on this street. Especially since it is he who is trespassing. What is it about Winklerites and the random killing/abuse of housepets? Some little fucker was shooting arrows at my dog a while back. The little SOB is lucky I wasn't out there while this was happening. He would have found his arrows being jammed up an uncomfortable area of his body. Instead, I took all the arrows I could find and broke them in half. They should add a little something to the Welcome to Winkler sign....i'm thinking that adding "Welcome to Winkler....alcohol helps" would suffice!

No comments: