Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Menno World is for lovers...

So, I have started a new job of sorts. Until someone starts hiring in my field in this area I will have the honor of working at a bar in the area. Holy fuck does this place have a higher than average ratio of psychos! This job has shown me this. Some people come to the bar wearing church clothes and sit there...not drinking anything and just stare at the ground. This makes me question exactly why they are at the bar in the first place.. If they were there to meet chicks, they would not be staring at the ground. If they were there to socialize they would respond back when spoken to. If you are against drinking/bars and want to brood about it, why wouldn't you do that at home? Well, anyways, I am not entirely thrilled with this job and am eagerly awaiting a job related in any way to the social sciences in this area. I applied for one with the government this week, although I HIGHLY doubt getting it because I know nothing about this particular job sector. But I am just going to send them my resume any time there is anything in the area even slightly related to my degree. I would rather study hard for an interview to prove I can handle it than serve another friggin rye/coke to a drunken idiot while getting hit on by more drunken idiots. Eventually something in my field will show up, till then, the service industry it is....oi!

No comments: