Saturday, October 11, 2008
New Friends
So, there is this guy that comes door to door frequently to ask if he can clean out our gutters. We don't allow him to for several reasons. 1. my husband works in a hardware store and sees firsthand the real cost of allowing him to touch anything in your house... generally it is about double the price after you fix what he has destroyed. 2. he charges too much. 3. he threatened to kill our neighbor's dog. 4. he strikes me as a little inbred. 5. he talks to me like I am some kind of little house frau who cannot hold a conversation and cannot make decisions on my own house. 6. we do our own work on our house. Well, a few days ago he came back. First, he rang our doorbell 6 times in a row...since he is not 5 years old, I can only assume that this is where the inbreeding comes in. I opened the door and he very abruptly asked to speak to the "man of the house"... so I asked him what it is he wanted. he said..."I dont have time for this, let me speak to a man"... If you know ANYTHING about me, you would know that this is NOT a wise thing to say to me if you want to keep your package attached. so I glared at him, told him to fuck off and slammed the door in his face. So he started ringing the doorbell again...over and over. So I answered the door again...this time holding a hammer. he was very abrupt again and said.."Go get your husband now". I then proceeded to tell him that if he doesn't change his attitude that he is not welcome on our property. he then said, "fine, I just want to know if I can clean our your gutters for 30.00." Now, I want to know if this was clear enough.... My response was that we will "NEVER! EVER! EVER! EVER! have any work for him".... somehow I believe that this will get confused in his inbred little brain as meaning he should come back next week. Sadly, he is one of the more functioning Winkler residents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
2 words: PEPPER SPRAY
Post a Comment