I cannot believe the level of ignorance that is allowed to exist freely in Winkler Manitoba. I seriously cannot. I am going to quote a letter to the editor which was posted in the Winkler Times in response to an abortion debate which has been debated amongst a small number of pro-choicers and a gazillion pro-lifers who can only quote the bible as their source of info. Ok..here is the quote...
"I agree that abortion should never be allowed. It has not been said that all pregnancies are the decision of the mothers. Some women do get raped. They have no choice in this matter but they do have the choice not to dress provocatively or hang around with men of ill repute. While this will not stop the determined rapist it will cut down on lust by men whose minds are not trained to ignore scantily clad women."
HOLY FUCK! JUST HOLY FUCK! Talk about blaming the victim! This quote puts the responsibility for stopping rape in the woman's hands by saying she should be a good little girl and wear ankle length skirts and 1800's style dresses like the rest of the women in this town. This is bullshit, plain and simple. Rape is about a need to control women, regardless of the woman's age, clothing style or anthing else. The guy who wrote this is known to be very Baptist. Many Baptists make their women wear the long skirts and high collars. haha....in related news...
Last night Martini tried to eat a door to door Baptist Missionary. This guy was trying to get people to join his church. I dunno...being punished for being female has never sat well with me. Martini jumped out of my arms and tried to go for his neck. Ha! Anyone who gives me crap for calling martini "my baby" can officially kiss my ass. that is totally my girl!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment